33 years of legal experience litigating and settling family law cases in Pitt and surrounding counties.
Ms. Barnhill mediates in Court ordered mediator in contested matters, such as the mandatory Family Financial Settlement Program. She is also available to mediate as a privately selected mediator in non-court situations. Mediation is often helpful for couples that have reached some consensus but need assistance with knowing they have addressed all of the relevant issues and fine tuning their agreements. In her practice, Ms. Barnhill encourages mediation as an option for all of her clients, and regularly participates with clients in mediations conducted by other mediators. Although Ms. Barnhill frequently acts as a mediator in Pitt County, she is also available to mediate in all of the adjacent counties, and further away upon request.
- Ann H. Barnhill, Certified Mediator (including FFSP)
- Licensed to practice law in August, 1979.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from Wake Forest University in 1976.
- Juris Doctor degree from Wake Forest University in 1979.
- Certified Family Financial Mediator since 1999.
- 40 hour Equitable Distribution and Family Financial Mediation course taught by Andy Little, with Mediation Inc.
- Annual participation in at least one day long Alternative Dispute Resolution Continuing Legal Education seminar.
- Daylight Saving: Time for It to End?
- 5 Legal Issues for Women: Where to Turn for Help
- Mass. 'Upskirt Photo' Ban Signed Into Law
- Facebook Posts New Rules for Gun Sales
- 5 Common Legal Problems With Subleasing
- Is It Legal to Sign a Contract With a Minor?
- Legal How-To: Stopping Telemarketers
- Supreme Court Calendar: 5 Cases to Watch in March
- What Is Fair Use? Consider These 4 Factors
- Why Aren't Cameras Allowed Inside the Supreme Court?
- How Common Is Cyberbullying? Survey Says...
- Public Sleeping Day: Is It Ever Illegal to Snooze?
- Top 9 Legal Tips for Your Oscars Party
- Ariz.'s SB 1062 Vetoed; States Debate Similar Bills
- Ariz.'s SB 1062: Gov. Brewer Has 3 Options