33 years of legal experience litigating and settling family law cases in Pitt and surrounding counties.
Ms. Barnhill mediates in Court ordered mediator in contested matters, such as the mandatory Family Financial Settlement Program. She is also available to mediate as a privately selected mediator in non-court situations. Mediation is often helpful for couples that have reached some consensus but need assistance with knowing they have addressed all of the relevant issues and fine tuning their agreements. In her practice, Ms. Barnhill encourages mediation as an option for all of her clients, and regularly participates with clients in mediations conducted by other mediators. Although Ms. Barnhill frequently acts as a mediator in Pitt County, she is also available to mediate in all of the adjacent counties, and further away upon request.
- Ann H. Barnhill, Certified Mediator (including FFSP)
- Licensed to practice law in August, 1979.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from Wake Forest University in 1976.
- Juris Doctor degree from Wake Forest University in 1979.
- Certified Family Financial Mediator since 1999.
- 40 hour Equitable Distribution and Family Financial Mediation course taught by Andy Little, with Mediation Inc.
- Annual participation in at least one day long Alternative Dispute Resolution Continuing Legal Education seminar.
- EEOC Age-Discrimination Claims Up 38% in 6 Years
- Bankruptcy Discharge, Dismissal Are Very Different
- 2M Stolen Passwords: How to Protect Yours
- In Wash., 1 in 6 Marriages Are Same-Sex
- 9 Ways Nelson Mandela's Legal Legacy Lives On
- For Lottery Winners, a Trust Can Really Pay Off
- Musical Instruments on Planes: Any Strings Attached?
- Obama's Uncle Gets Green Card Despite Legal Run-Ins
- Legal How-To: Claiming a Hardship for Jury Duty
- What Is the Undetectable Firearms Act?
- For Cyber Monday, 7 Simple Security Tips
- Can You Sue Over Deceptive Holiday 'Deals'?
- What is Virtual Visitation?
- 7 Tips to Keep Your Holiday Spending in Check
- Longest-Married Couple Reveal Relationship Secrets